Checklist for Getting Your Home Photo-Ready
Is Your Home Photogenic? Get Your Home Photo-Ready with This Handy Checklist
- Remove fridge magnets and have nothing hanging on the refrigerator (kids’ art work, invitations, etc.)
- Remove kitchen towels that are hanging
- Clear counter tops-no clutter
- Clear away small appliances such as toasters and blenders
- No pots or pans on stove top
- Remove trash can
- Note: Removing clutter helps to make your home look larger and helps a potential buyer to picture their own belongings in your home.
Bathroom & Laundry
- Remove toiletries from vanity and shampoo bottles etc. from shower/bathtub-no bath products out.
- Clean mirrors
- Remove laundry baskets and trash can
- Either remove bath mats or match with towels
- Have towels hanging neatly on towel rails
- Close shower curtain
- Toilet lids down
- Remove any photographs- minimal accessories on tables
- Remove baskets/containers that have magazines, throw blankets, etc.
- Remove some furniture and rugs if in a small space. It will make the house appear seem bigger
- Remove any items than might offend potential buyers (political, animal heads, etc.)
- Replace any missing light bulbs throughout the house
- Remove pet bowls, bedding, kennels, liter boxes, etc.
- Beds are to be made
- Pack away any kids toys
- Clear any table tops of toiletries, photos and clothing
- Remove any valuable items such as jewelry and put in a safe place
- Remove everything from bedside tables except bedside lamps
- Open drapes or blinds
- Note: When it comes to accessories on a table-less is more. No more than 2 per table.
- Garage doors closed
- No cars in driveway or in front of house
- Put bicycles, hose, garden tools, pool toys in garage
- Put trash cans out of sight
- Clean pool (if applicable)
- Arrange patio furniture neatly